It is the aim of this Playgroup that all children should be given opportunities to:
- Grow in self-confidence, experience success and thus develop a good self image.
- Develop at their own rate through challenging, progressive play.
- Learn to play co-operatively and share with others.
- Communicate thoughts, ideas and feelings clearly to both adults and children.
- Deepen and lengthen concentration through their natural spontaneous curiosity and interests.
- Choose and explore a wide range of materials which allow them to express themselves appropriately and creatively.
- Share in the wonder and excitement created by books, stories, songs, rhymes, music and the natural environme.
- Appreciate and practise social skills and learning to care for others.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of work well done and share this with their parents.
- Young children are entitled to their childhood.
- All children are treated equally.
- As well as the primary needs, the need for acceptance, love, approval, encouragement and security are crucial to the development of the young child and to the promotion of a good self-image.
- Parents are valued as their children’s first educators and are viewed as active partners of the playgroup staff.
- It is in the nature of the young child to be active. Purposeful and structured play is vital to all aspects of his/her development.
- The child’s past experiences, individual attributes and abilities should be recognised, accepted and built upon.