The Playgroup is part of the Pre-School Expansion Programme and has some free places on offer. These places are available for the full school year beginning in September. They must be applied for and application forms are available in the Group during the month of January each year.
It is our intention to make our Playgroup accessible to children and families from all sections of the community.
For funded places under the Pre-School Expansion Programme, the following criteria will apply:
- Children whose parents are in receipt of Income Support or income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance born between 2 July 2008 and 31 August 2008.
- Children born between 1 September 2008 and 1 July 2008 who parents are in receipt of Income Support or income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance.
- Other children born between 2 July 2008 and 31 August 2008.
In the event of over-subscription the following sub criteria will apply:
- Children who have list Kilmood Playgroup as their first preference.
- Children who have siblings who have already attended.
- Geographical location – preference will be given to children living within 1.5 miles by road.
- Children already attending the playgroup.
- Age – older children will be given preference.
In the event of two children having the same date of birth then the child who lives closest to the playgroup measured by distance from home to the Playgroup by public road will be allocated the place.